SK: Skunk Diet and Flea Control

SkunkLady2 at aol.com SkunkLady2 at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 12:33:40 PST 2015

Full dietary recommendations....and other advice for various problems are
in SKUNK STUFF at _www.skunksaspets.com_ (http://www.skunksaspets.com)

SKUNK STUFF is 30+ years of information gathered from people, vets and labs
 all over the world....most living with, learning from and loving pet
skunks.

How much do they each weigh? 6-8 lbs is usually the optimum range for
skunks.  The diet you list is, in my opinion from my experience, too  much.  The
veggies should all be raw to aid in teeth cleaning as well as
jaw/throat/digestive "muscle work" and the cottage cheese should be one  teaspoon,
alternated occasionally with low-fat yogurt.  Dog food should be  no more than 10
pieces daily, less if trying to take weight off the skunk.   )The lamb and
rice is great and can be alternated with Chicken or Turkey dry  food.

What is Vita-Skunk???  Never heard of it.  What is the flax seed  for?
Most seeds are super high in calories, so be very cautious.

As to weight loss, Fall and Winter are the hardest time as their whole
metabolism "shifts gears" to deal with the long hard Winter--under our electric
 blankets, in front of our TVs and eating from our fridge!!!,-- but it
still  happens!!!  So cut the calories way down, divide the remainder into 3
tiny  meals to help keep the metabolism as "up" as possible and in just a very
few  short weeks, they will begin to slim down automatically with the onset
of  SPRING!!

What does the vet say about the paralysis?????

Write anytime I can help!

Shelor Brumbeloe
Skunks As Pets

In a message dated 1/23/2015 3:19:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,