SK: Lonely Cooper

Ken Rosser hepzibah666 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 08:03:31 PST 2013

Cooper is depressed, and not coming out of it on his own, so I have gone to desperate measures. Some evenings I will drag him out of his
comfortable bed, and put him on my lap, while I waste time at the
computer. This means lots of petting and brushing, which he tolerates,
then indicates he wants down, and uses my legs as a slide, the same way Gherkin and Moriarty did . Yesterday I
had an afternoon nap, and pulled poor Cooper from his comfortable bed,
and put him beside me, in the crook of my right arm. When I woke up
three hours later, he was still at my side. I was up at 5 this morning,
so decided on another nap at about 8:30 am. I again dragged Cooper into bed with
me, and though he stayed only a few minutes this time, he was back under his own power a few minutes later. He gave me a gentle nip, and push
at my legs. He wasn't going to go OVER my legs, he wanted to go under
them, so I complied, raising my legs till he had a tent. Then, when he
was satisfied I knew who was boss, he left, to go to his own bed. I
think this is actually working.