SK: A loss...

Elliotu at aol.com Elliotu at aol.com
Thu Aug 2 14:20:32 PDT 2012

Jill, I am touched moved and inspired by what you wrote and felt. Seven
years! It was so moving

Elliot

In a message dated 8/2/2012 5:15:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jill at dnaco.net writes:

Hi  everyone.
I sought out your group for the first time last night. I am in
Ohio..having a pet skunk was a childhood dream. When I finally found my
little sidekick..it was wonderful!
My much loved little boy Snookie  passed after almost 7 years of bringing
me such affection and joy..and a  light has just gone out of my life.  I
can't put the grief into  better words at the moment, although it hasn't
even been 24 hours.
I am  51..and find myself alternately laughing at the memories and
sobbing the  next moment.
I went online to find somewhere where explanation would not be  necessary
and people would just understand. I could surround myself with  people
and I'd still see that silly little face. I had several weeks to  prepare
during his decline..he knew he was loved..and his last moments  were
spent raising his little head and nose to those who loved him to be
stroked and talked to before the eyes closed. It could not have been
more peaceful and yet..right now..it just hurts. Thank you so much for
listening!
Jillian

Skunks  maillist  -  Skunks at rdwarf.com