SK: A loss...

Jill jill at dnaco.net
Thu Aug 2 14:13:36 PDT 2012

Hi everyone.
I sought out your group for the first time last night. I am in
Ohio..having a pet skunk was a childhood dream. When I finally found my
little sidekick..it was wonderful!
My much loved little boy Snookie passed after almost 7 years of bringing
me such affection and joy..and a light has just gone out of my life.  I
can't put the grief into better words at the moment, although it hasn't
even been 24 hours.
I am 51..and find myself alternately laughing at the memories and
sobbing the next moment.
I went online to find somewhere where explanation would not be necessary
and people would just understand. I could surround myself with people
and I'd still see that silly little face. I had several weeks to prepare
during his decline..he knew he was loved..and his last moments were
spent raising his little head and nose to those who loved him to be
stroked and talked to before the eyes closed. It could not have been
more peaceful and yet..right now..it just hurts. Thank you so much for
listening!
Jillian