SK: Skunks Digest, Vol 71, Issue 5

SkunkLady2 at aol.com SkunkLady2 at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 06:36:57 PST 2011

Yep, sad and infuriating and discriminatory.....but true in all states, I
believe!!!!

Shelor

In a message dated 3/12/2011 3:00:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cathygag at aol.com writes:

And btw,  I have always been told, and this may only be true for Ohio
(though, in all  likelihood, it applies to most states), because skunks are a
rabies vector  species, even if they are given a rabies vaccine by a vet, you
can prove it,  they're tagged with rabies tags, and have every other shot
known to man, they  will still BE PUT TO SLEEP FOR A NECROPSY IF THEY BITE
SOMEONE.  So  regardless of who gives the shot, if a skunk bits someone and it's
reported,  the skunk is done.   :,(