SK: Burning the winter pounds?

SkunkLady2 at aol.com SkunkLady2 at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 16:47:01 PST 2011

Basically, give them all they want, they are very good for them and
virtually calorieless.  12 pounds is way too heavy for 98% of skunks.   He's
probably sluggish because he doesn't feel great.  He's likely to have  painful
joints due to his weight, so I suggest cutting his total daily intake  down by
at least a third....then cut THAT total into 4 or 5 tiny meals, each of
which includes raw Jalapenos.  Give one now and then for a treat,  too.  MOST
skunks love them like peppers and most also have to 'kill'
peppers.....pounce them with their  feet and rip them open with  claws....then they eat the
green part and come back later for the seeds, almost  like dessert.

This is a VERY difficult time of year to get a skunk to lose weight, but
you CAN get them to at least hold the line and come Spring, they will lose it
 much faster.

Have you been to _www.skunksaspets.com_ (http://www.skunksaspets.com)  ?
SKUNK STUFF  contains information gathered over 30 years, from owners and
vets from all  over the world.  It also has a link to The Pet Skunk Photograph
Album with  page after page of cuddle bugs....again, from all over the
world!!

Shelor

In a message dated 1/18/2011 10:10:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,