SK: Canadian laws for skunks

Kristen Antigone Zooey kristengillam at live.ca
Thu Feb 3 07:11:22 PST 2011

That's the catch - if you contact the food inspection agency they say unless
the skunk is being used for showing ( zoos etc) or laboratory purposes they
can not be transported into the country. I am at a complete loss here - what
is the point of having them legal as pets if you cant transport them into
the country as pets? The laws are so frustrating - I have been researching
skunk and skunk like information for the past four years with no avail. I
wanted to have my little girl this spring - I had a breeder secured and all
my hopes were dashed by the Canadian food inspection agency. I wish I knew
ANYONE in Canada who has a pet skunk and can give me information on how
exactly theyve come about that.