SK: Canadian laws for skunks

Jess Bowers celestial_bliss2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 05:26:08 PST 2011

Canadian pet skunks must be purchased from a USDA-certified breeder in the
United States. An import permit is required from the Canadian Food Inspection
Agency to bring the skunk into the country. The skunk must be spayed or
neutered, and receive a microchip implant or tattoo. A vet check fee must also
be paid. Black-and-white skunks are illegal in all of Canada.

Newfoundland Legal ( Color Restrictions) (709) 637-2382 - Jonathan Sharpe
Legal with permit from Minister.
Wildlife Regulations Sections 82, 83, 84, 85 and Schedule B. Schedual B does not
include skunks, they are not native wildlife. They are not native or present in
Newfoundland and as such a permit may be difficult to obtain.

Nova Scotia Legal (902) 679-6139, Fax: (902) 679-6176
Refer to Department of Natural Resources Import Permits.
Newfoundland Legal (709) 637-2382 - Jonathan Sharpe
Legal with permit from Minister.
Wildlife Regulations Sections 82, 83, 84, 85 and Schedule B. Schedual B does not
include skunks, they are not native wildlife. They are not native or present in
Newfoundland and as such a permit may be difficult to obtain.

Newfoundland Legal (709) 637-2382 - Jonathan Sharpe
Legal with permit from Minister.
Wildlife Regulations Sections 82, 83, 84, 85 and Schedule B. Schedual B does not
include skunks, they are not native wildlife. They are not native or present in
Newfoundland and as such a permit may be difficult to obtain.

All other Canadian areas are illegal..