SK: Gherkin, bloody Gherkin

SkunkLady2 at aol.com SkunkLady2 at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 13:24:57 PST 2010

I had a skunk owner call me late one night in extreme panic...."He's
BLEEDING!!  His mouth and muzzle is covered!!   WHAT DO I  DO???"     Staying
with him on the phone, I told  him to find out if a tooth had come out.....or
he had something stuck in his  mouth, etc.   Nothing.  No ACTIVE bleeding
taking place  then.

"OK......great!  Now you have to find what hurt him, so get down on  your
hands and knees and cover your entire apartment.....maybe start where you
first saw him bloody."

"Well, that was in the living room near the sofa".....  remember, I'm
holding the phone and can hear.  Suddenly he BELLOWED....."D--- you  Bear!!!!!!"
 Of course, I knew he'd found the problem, but I DIDN'T
know what it was.

The owner came back to the phone and said, "I looked behind the
sofa....nothing.....so I lifted it up and found a RED MAGIC MARKER CHEWED TO
SMITHEREENS!!"

The fact that the CARPET was also "bloodstained" mattered not......his baby
 was all right!!!!!

That was one of the GOOD late night skunk calls!!!!

In a message dated 3/11/2010 9:47:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,