SK: clicker training

Jeff Calhoun jeffrycalhoun at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 16:20:07 PST 2010

You could try associating something like a raisin with the click.  Then later, reward a natural behavior with a click and a raisin. Hunger will not go away, especially in Winter. Use this as a motivator.  Intelligence varies greatly regarding its type and amount, so if you can't train this one, don't give up on another.  Time of day could make a difference as well (amount of sleep before training).  Many get very good at discovering how to get what they want.  I don't know how well they will respond to a click.  They can respond to voice, smell and routine. Mine learned that a small meal would come after his training. They do enjoy play and intimacy. 7 months seems old enough.  If you wait too long, he will be rigid.  It is more difficult to train them new things when they are older.