SK: diet

Ken Rosser hepzibah666 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 15:21:27 PST 2010

My skunks start the day with 10 pieces of dog kibble of the best quality I can find, along with 2-4 almonds, a small handful of Honey Nut Cheerios, a cat vitamin containing 250 mg of taurine, or part of a capsule to make sure they get that taurine which is essential for their hearts. Add to that 1 capsule of EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) to help with stress, 3 pieces of tartar control something for their teeth (cat treats, but only 3 pieces a day) though carrots will also help with their teeth cleaning. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of low fat yogurt or cottage cheese.

The rest of the day they can have diced peppers, zucchini,  or any other vegetables your skunks will eat. A few drops of extra virgin olive oil will also help. Special treats can be tofu, cooked chicken, or cooked turkey.

That's all I can think of for now.