SK: Tail issues...

Ken Rosser hepzibah666 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 06:36:01 PDT 2010

I give mine 2 or 3 almonds every day.

----- Original Message ----
From: "cathygag at aol.com" <cathygag at aol.com>
To: skunks at rdwarf.com
Sent: Tue, August 3, 2010 7:43:32 PM
Subject: SK: Tail issues...

Still having tail hair loss issues and breakage...  :(  Pretty soon I'm scared
he's going to be mistaken for a rare black and white opposum...  :(    From the
onset of this problem he's had no issues with the rest of his coat...  Recently
it's been looking a little dull... though that may have been b/c he was
definitely due for a bubble bath... Looks a lot better now that he's had a bath,
but it's definitely still a little lackluster...   Breeder recommended upping
his Thiamin/B1 intake, also dosed him with dewormer per another's
recommendation, vet recommended E/Fish Oil when it first started... Also have
now given him a flea treatment (the recommended brand of course) and a bath with
gentle baby shampoo...  His diet matches the recommended specks on the
website...  Running out of ideas...

Anyone else encountered the issue and found a solution?  I can send pics via pic
message on my phone if that would help in a proper diagnosis...  He's due for a
vet visit for his booster shots, but my vet has rather limited experience with
skunks, so I'm not sure how much he'll be able to advise me on probable
causes/solutions....

Skunks maillist  -  Skunks at rdwarf.com