SK: Tail issues...

cathygag at aol.com cathygag at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 16:43:32 PDT 2010

 Still having tail hair loss issues and breakage...  :(  Pretty soon I'm scared he's going to be mistaken for a rare black and white opposum...  :(    From the onset of this problem he's had no issues with the rest of his coat...  Recently it's been looking a little dull... though that may have been b/c he was definitely due for a bubble bath... Looks a lot better now that he's had a bath, but it's definitely still a little lackluster...   Breeder recommended upping his Thiamin/B1 intake, also dosed him with dewormer per another's recommendation, vet recommended E/Fish Oil when it first started... Also have now given him a flea treatment (the recommended brand of course) and a bath with gentle baby shampoo...  His diet matches the recommended specks on the website...  Running out of ideas...

Anyone else encountered the issue and found a solution?  I can send pics via pic message on my phone if that would help in a proper diagnosis...  He's due for a vet visit for his booster shots, but my vet has rather limited experience with skunks, so I'm not sure how much he'll be able to advise me on probable causes/solutions....