SK: Very sick skunk

Therese Van Heuveln mysterese at att.net
Mon Sep 14 11:27:47 PDT 2009

Anybody out there ever hear of adequan? My skunk was paralyzed in her back legs as well. I started giving her injections of adequan (a medicine used for lame horses) and within weeks she was standing and walking. She walks like she's drunk  but she walks. She also did not use the potty pad when her legs were paralyzed. Lots of mess and very sad. Now she is even back to using the potty pad EVERY time, (although sometimes she doesn't scoot/wipe as well as she used to). Can't complain though. I am NOT a vet, but it would be worth asking yours about it.
Good luck and God bless you!!!!