SK: Very sick skunk

Amy Roth amyrothdvm at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:21:13 PDT 2009

Hi Peggy - I don't usually reply but I am a vet and also know how hard it is when these little guys are our children at heart.  My advice to you is to ask yourself what the quality of life is for your baby.  If he cannot walk or control his urination and has sores, that would tell me that prolonging his life is not quality for him, as hard as that is to hear.  Also, those signs are not good as far as a prognosis.  I don't have all the details but that is just my impression.  I think you know in your heart if he is suffering and if so one of the kindest things you can do is to help him over that.  I know how hard it is and know you'll make the best decision for him.

Amy