SK: FW: lost skunk - advice on finding them??

Amy Roth amyrothdvm at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 08:19:16 PDT 2009

Wow - thank you all for your advice.  You are great.  Still no luck but could someone comment on how likely she is to stay close to home?  Since she got out in the front, she had really 3 choices - travel the front house lines to the right or left as all are fenced to their back yards, cross the road to an empty lot in front of my house, or follow the road out in the open to who knows where.  I've left food out in several places of my yard and they are all untouched so I don't think she is around my house.  My neighborhood is enclosed by cement irrigation cannals.  Two sides have been running with about 8 inches of water since she escaped and given how she hated her bath, I don't think she would have crossed them.  So that at least encloses half but it is still probably a 1 square mile area with probably 250 homes.  I've been patrolling the perimeter and open lots, fields and alleys but I go back and forth from thinking she'd stay close given how much there is to see and do right there versus thinking Hey I'm free , let's just keep running.  Is she likely to go into enclosed (chain link fenced) yards or stay out in fields?  ALL the people have gottn my fliers and so many are looking and no dead body has shown up yet either so I think that is a good sign that she's staying out of dog back yards...??? Thanks again for your help.  I am so heart broken and worn down with tears but when I hear some people have found theirs after weeks, and I don't have a dead body yet, it gives me hope to keep looking.  THanks.

Amy