SK: Skunks Digest, Vol 48, Issue 2

Deborah Cipriani daisyphew at oh.rr.com
Wed Feb 11 17:27:33 PST 2009


This was filmed back in May 2008 and I can not remember which veggies, 
fruits, no grain dog food or cheese or?????  I gave that day

Deb
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <Caroltrurem at aol.com>
To: <skunks at rdwarf.com>
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: SK: Skunks Digest, Vol 48, Issue 2


> Hi everyone. I watched the skunk show the other night and was  wondering 
> whet
> the food was that the lady with all the skunks was feeding them.  If 
> anyone
> knows please share with me. It looked like it was good for them and I  am 
> sure
> my little skunk would love it. Carol~
>
>
> I
> n a message dated 2/1/2009 10:13:47 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
> skunks-request at rdwarf.com writes:
>
> Send  Skunks mailing list submissions to
> skunks at rdwarf.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web,  visit
> http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
> or,  via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> skunks-request at rdwarf.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list  at
> skunks-owner at rdwarf.com
>
> When replying, please edit  your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Skunks  digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Re: I'll argue  about anything including descenting
> (antarestch at aol.com)
> 2. Re: I'll argue about anything  including descenting
> (SkunkLady2 at aol.com)
> 3. Re: I'll argue about anything  including descenting (Ken Rosser)
> 4. Re: I'll argue about  anything including descenting
> (Deborah  Cipriani)
> 5. Re: I'll argue about anything including  descenting
> (jodiebowman at comcast.net)
> 6. Re: I'll argue about anything including descenting
> (Haskett4 at aol.com)
> 7. Re: I'll argue about anything including  descenting (Ken  Rosser)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message:  1
> Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:46:52 -0500
> From:  antarestch at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue about anything including  descenting
> To: skunks at rdwarf.com
> Message-ID:  <8CB52CDBA338FC2-17FC-605 at MBLK-M41.sysops.aol.com>
> Content-Type:  text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Sounds to me like you need a hobby or a  life. The majority of skunk 
> owners
> are not interesting in fighting or flaming,  which seems to be what you 
> are
> about. Fighting and getting hot under the  collar just because someone 
> wants to
> disagree for fun is pointless and keeps  skunks owners from their real 
> goal of
> wanting to promote a positive picture of  skunks and owners. Long ago we 
> have
> decided to agree to disagree.
>
> The  real goal here should be acceptance of differences and viewpoints and 
> to
> stop  wasting energy on mind games.
>
> Your initials sound awfully  familiar.......
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original  Message-----
> From: SB <sb at aroint.org>
> To:  skunks at rdwarf.com
> Sent: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 2:56 pm
> Subject: SK: I'll argue  about anything including descenting
>
>
>
> On Thu, 1/29/09,  SkunkLady2 at aol.com <SkunkLady2 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>>  Wild  skunks?  BY ALL MEANS!!  Domestic skunks?  No way, they  have
>>  changed far too much in 200 years of  domestication.
>
> I doubt that there is much change in skunks bred as pets  from wild
> skunks. The certainly look the same. Perhaps, temperament? And  breeding
> skunks results in a lack of genetic diversity. Clearly something  that is
> not good for skunks. Does that make breeding them wrong?
>
> In  the UK it is now illegal to descent skunks. It's considered a form of
> mutilation.
>
> Everyone has a point of view that they defend. And  everyone seems quite
> intolerant of others if there is any degree of  emotional involvement.
>
> Someone wanting a pet skunk in a state that  doesn't allow it seems
> better to me than someone selling the fur
> http://www.buckshotscamp.com/Fur-16-Skunk-Sales.htm
>
> _______________________________________________
> Skunks  maillist  -  Skunks at rdwarf.com
> To unsubscribe:  http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message:  2
> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 17:34:20 EST
> From:  SkunkLady2 at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue about anything including  descenting
> To: skunks at rdwarf.com
> Message-ID:  <bd1.4a60e5b2.36b77d6c at aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;  charset="US-ASCII"
>
> In a message dated 2/1/2009 4:51:37 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
> antarestch at aol.com writes:
>
>>
>> Your  initials sound awfully familiar.......
>
> Ah Cheryl.....total  perfection!!!
>
> SB also  : D
>
>
> **************
> Great  Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.
> (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x120119182
> 7/aol?redir=http://www
> .dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals&amp;
> #63;c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=dhs%26&amp;#126;ck=anavml)
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message:  3
> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 15:21:27 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ken Rosser  <hepzibah666 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue about anything  including descenting
> To: "Friends and fans of skunks."  <skunks at rdwarf.com>
> Message-ID:  <122322.89509.qm at web33306.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type:  text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> I'd worried about the domestic breeding  population too. If it's too 
> closed,
> you get inbreeding, and that damages the  quality, and quality of life of 
> the
> kits. It's supposedly wrong to bring in  any from the wild, but my first 
> boy
> Mycroft was a treasure. I just wish I'd  understood him better.
>
> The two I have now are domestic, from Ruby's,  and are descented and
> neutered. I know of Britain not wanting skunks  descented, and there was 
> even a story
> of people capturing a stray pet, and  being sprayed. I'm too tired to look 
> up
> the story now.
>
>
> --- On Sun,  2/1/09, SB <sb at aroint.org> wrote:
>
>> From: SB  <sb at aroint.org>
>> Subject: SK: I'll argue about anything including  descenting
>> To: skunks at rdwarf.com
>> Date: Sunday, February 1,  2009, 2:56 PM
>> On Thu, 1/29/09, SkunkLady2 at aol.com
>>  <SkunkLady2 at aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> >  Wild  skunks?  BY ALL MEANS!!  Domestic skunks?  No
>> way, they  have
>> >  changed far too much in 200 years of  domestication.
>>
>> I doubt that there is much change in skunks  bred as pets
>> from wild
>> skunks. The certainly look the same.  Perhaps, temperament?
>> And breeding
>> skunks results in a lack  of genetic diversity. Clearly
>> something that is
>> not good for  skunks. Does that make breeding them wrong?
>>
>> In the UK it is  now illegal to descent skunks. It's
>> considered a form of
>>  mutilation.
>>
>> Everyone has a point of view that they defend.  And everyone
>> seems quite
>> intolerant of others if there is any  degree of emotional
>> involvement.
>>
>> Someone wanting a  pet skunk in a state that doesn't
>> allow it seems
>> better to me  than someone selling the fur
>>  http://www.buckshotscamp.com/Fur-16-Skunk-Sales.htm
>>
>>  _______________________________________________
>> Skunks maillist   -  Skunks at rdwarf.com
>> To unsubscribe:
>>  http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sun,  1 Feb 2009 18:41:06 -0500
> From: "Deborah Cipriani"  <daisyphew at oh.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue about anything  including descenting
> To: "Friends and fans of skunks."  <skunks at rdwarf.com>
> Message-ID:  <483DEC4E7B8D4876A77393696E4EC778 at Deb>
> Content-Type: text/plain;  format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
>
> Good post Cheryl!!
>
> Deb
> ----- Original  Message ----- 
> From: <antarestch at aol.com>
> To:  <skunks at rdwarf.com>
> Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 4:46  PM
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue about anything including  descenting
>
>
>> Sounds to me like you need a hobby or a life. The  majority of skunk 
>> owners
>> are not interesting in fighting or flaming,  which seems to be what you 
>> are
>> about. Fighting and getting hot under  the collar just because someone
>> wants to disagree for fun is  pointless and keeps skunks owners from 
>> their
>> real goal of wanting to  promote a positive picture of skunks and owners.
>> Long ago we have  decided to agree to disagree.
>>
>> The real goal here should be  acceptance of differences and viewpoints 
>> and
>> to stop wasting energy  on mind games.
>>
>> Your initials sound awfully  familiar.......
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>  -----Original Message-----
>> From: SB <sb at aroint.org>
>> To:  skunks at rdwarf.com
>> Sent: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 2:56 pm
>> Subject: SK:  I'll argue about anything including descenting
>>
>>
>>
>>  On Thu, 1/29/09, SkunkLady2 at aol.com <SkunkLady2 at aol.com>  wrote:
>>
>>>  Wild skunks?  BY ALL MEANS!!   Domestic skunks?  No way, they have
>>>  changed far too  much in 200 years of domestication.
>>
>> I doubt that there is much  change in skunks bred as pets from wild
>> skunks. The certainly look the  same. Perhaps, temperament? And breeding
>> skunks results in a lack of  genetic diversity. Clearly something that is
>> not good for skunks. Does  that make breeding them wrong?
>>
>> In the UK it is now illegal to  descent skunks. It's considered a form of
>> mutilation.
>>
>>  Everyone has a point of view that they defend. And everyone seems  quite
>> intolerant of others if there is any degree of emotional  involvement.
>>
>> Someone wanting a pet skunk in a state that  doesn't allow it seems
>> better to me than someone selling the  fur
>>  http://www.buckshotscamp.com/Fur-16-Skunk-Sales.htm
>>
>>  _______________________________________________
>> Skunks maillist   -  Skunks at rdwarf.com
>> To unsubscribe:  http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
>>
>>  _______________________________________________
>> Skunks maillist   -  Skunks at rdwarf.com
>> To unsubscribe:  http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date:  Mon, 2 Feb 2009 00:00:11 +0000 (UTC)
> From:  jodiebowman at comcast.net
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue about anything  including descenting
> To: "Friends and fans of skunks."  <skunks at rdwarf.com>
> Message-ID:
> <2095370923.1604041233532811807.JavaMail.root at sz0046a.emeryville.ca.mail.comca
> st.net>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>
>
>
> I've  probably received a minimum of forty emails this week on every 
> possible
> opinion anyone might have regarding skunks. How do I get off of this list?
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: SkunkLady2 at aol.com
> To: skunks at rdwarf.com
> Sent: Sunday, February 1, 2009 3:34:20 PM GMT  -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue about anything  including descenting
>
> In a message dated 2/1/2009 4:51:37 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
> antarestch at aol.com writes:
>
>>
>> Your  initials sound awfully familiar.......
>
> Ah Cheryl.....total  perfection!!!
>
> SB also ?: D
>
>
> **************
> Great Deals  on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.
> (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http:
> //www
> .dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals&amp;
> #63;c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=dhs%26&amp;#126;ck=anavml)
> _______________________________________________
> Skunks maillist ?-  ?Skunks at rdwarf.com
> To unsubscribe:  http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 1  Feb 2009 20:53:26 EST
> From: Haskett4 at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue  about anything including descenting
> To: skunks at rdwarf.com
> Message-ID:  <c00.506c536a.36b7ac16 at aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;  charset="US-ASCII"
>
> hey is it any different then spay or nutter? the  animal has three squares 
> a
> day, health care, a nice bed,  and  somebody fondeling them all day 
> long.how
> do i sign up
>
>
> In  a message dated 2/1/2009 5:46:39 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> daisyphew at oh.rr.com writes:
>
> Good  post  Cheryl!!
>
> Deb
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From:   <antarestch at aol.com>
> To: <skunks at rdwarf.com>
> Sent:  Sunday,  February 01, 2009 4:46 PM
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue about  anything  including descenting
>
>
>> Sounds to me like you need  a hobby or a  life. The majority of skunk
> owners
>> are not  interesting in fighting or  flaming, which seems to be what you
> are
>> about. Fighting and getting  hot under the collar just because  someone
>> wants to disagree for fun  is pointless and keeps skunks  owners from 
>> their
>> real goal of wanting  to promote a positive  picture of skunks and 
>> owners.
>> Long ago we have  decided to agree  to disagree.
>>
>> The real goal here should be  acceptance of  differences and viewpoints 
>> and
>> to stop wasting energy  on mind  games.
>>
>> Your initials sound awfully   familiar.......
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>   -----Original Message-----
>> From: SB <sb at aroint.org>
>>  To:  skunks at rdwarf.com
>> Sent: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 2:56 pm
>>  Subject: SK:  I'll argue about anything including  descenting
>>
>>
>>
>>  On Thu, 1/29/09,  SkunkLady2 at aol.com <SkunkLady2 at aol.com>   wrote:
>>
>>>  Wild skunks?  BY ALL MEANS!!    Domestic skunks?  No way, they have
>>>  changed far  too  much in 200 years of domestication.
>>
>> I doubt that  there is much  change in skunks bred as pets from wild
>> skunks.  The certainly look the  same. Perhaps, temperament? And breeding
>>  skunks results in a lack of  genetic diversity. Clearly something that 
>> is
>> not good for skunks. Does  that make breeding them  wrong?
>>
>> In the UK it is now illegal to  descent skunks.  It's considered a form 
>> of
>> mutilation.
>>
>>  Everyone  has a point of view that they defend. And everyone seems 
>> quite
>>  intolerant of others if there is any degree of emotional   involvement.
>>
>> Someone wanting a pet skunk in a state that   doesn't allow it seems
>> better to me than someone selling the   fur
>>   http://www.buckshotscamp.com/Fur-16-Skunk-Sales.htm
>>
>>   _______________________________________________
>> Skunks  maillist   -  Skunks at rdwarf.com
>> To unsubscribe:   http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
>>
>>   _______________________________________________
>> Skunks  maillist   -  Skunks at rdwarf.com
>> To unsubscribe:   http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Skunks   maillist  -  Skunks at rdwarf.com
> To unsubscribe:   http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
>
>
> **************Great  Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.
> (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http:
> //www.dell.com/co
> ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals&#63;c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=d
> hs%26&#126;ck=anavml)
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message:  7
> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:11:55 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ken Rosser  <hepzibah666 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue about anything  including descenting
> To: "Friends and fans of skunks."  <skunks at rdwarf.com>
> Message-ID:  <544657.64076.qm at web33305.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type:  text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> Samurai Pizza Skunks.
>
> They get  treated so badly, don't  they?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlBv0IaRq9Q
>
> --- On Sun,  2/1/09, Haskett4 at aol.com <Haskett4 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> From:  Haskett4 at aol.com <Haskett4 at aol.com>
>> Subject: Re: SK: I'll argue  about anything including descenting
>> To: skunks at rdwarf.com
>>  Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 8:53 PM
>> hey is it any different then  spay or nutter? the animal has
>> three squares a
>> day,  health care, a nice bed,  and somebody fondeling them
>> all day  long.how
>> do i sign up
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Skunks  maillist  -   Skunks at rdwarf.com
> http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks
>
>
> End  of Skunks Digest, Vol 48, Issue  2
> *************************************
>
>
> **************Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.
> (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://ad.doubleclick.
> net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)
> _______________________________________________
> Skunks maillist  -  Skunks at rdwarf.com
> To unsubscribe: http://www.rdwarf.com/mailman/listinfo/skunks 




More information about the Skunks mailing list