SK: I'll argue about anything including descenting

SB sb at aroint.org
Sun Feb 1 11:56:31 PST 2009

On Thu, 1/29/09, SkunkLady2 at aol.com <SkunkLady2 at aol.com> wrote:

>  Wild skunks?  BY ALL MEANS!!  Domestic skunks?  No way, they have
>  changed far too much in 200 years of domestication.

I doubt that there is much change in skunks bred as pets from wild
skunks. The certainly look the same. Perhaps, temperament? And breeding
skunks results in a lack of genetic diversity. Clearly something that is
not good for skunks. Does that make breeding them wrong?

In the UK it is now illegal to descent skunks. It's considered a form of
mutilation.

Everyone has a point of view that they defend. And everyone seems quite
intolerant of others if there is any degree of emotional involvement.

Someone wanting a pet skunk in a state that doesn't allow it seems
better to me than someone selling the fur
http://www.buckshotscamp.com/Fur-16-Skunk-Sales.htm