SK: Flea stuff...

cathygag at aol.com cathygag at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 19:03:42 PDT 2009

My vet's office has found success with Advantage for cats...? I trust that bit of advice, especially considering that they don't even carry it and had to send me elsewhere to purchase it... Can't fault sound advice and recommendations when no one is making a dime on it... LoL?

PS- When I flea treated my dogs with Comfortis (this is the best dog flea stuff EVER btw! - most of the adult fleas were immobile in 30 minutes and I haven't seen a single flea since!), vacuumed thoroughly, and treated the cat with the over the counter Hartz stuff, then gave the skunkers a bath with an organic flea dip I found at Kroger grocers, the process seems to have completely eliminated all the fleas in the house...

PSS- Another natural flea remedy is Brewer's Yeast- it's available in the supplement section of some grocery stores, organic grocers, or vitamin supplement stores.? Sprinkle a little in any critter bowl each day and it keeps the fleas off, and is good for them too...? I also have resorted to mixing it into my Carnation Instant Breakfast in the morning when I've gotten fleas in the house, or I know I'm going to be working in the yard during flea season... I tend to be a flea magnet, and this proved to be an AMAZING remedy... And it lasts far longer than Off, DEET, or other far more toxic topical remedies...