SK: New Here

TweeteBirds tweetebirds at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 16:17:49 PDT 2009

Thank you everyone. She is still getting used to everyone and everything. Her former owners had her on IAMs petite and little dog food Proactive. They are the ones that told me her likes and dislikes. They also gave me a bottle of Taurine and said to add a 1/2 tsp every month, but I was reading that they need somewhere around 200mg daily?

I'm sorry for all the questions. We did do research for a few years before actually getting a skunk, but I want to make sure I do everything right and not just read on websites, since at times they give conflicting information, it's best to ask people that have them.

We have parrots. I make fresh meals for them daily from Fruits and veggies to breads, etc. It sounds like she can have most everything as far as the fruits/veggies I give to the birds. And just like with the birds I don't offer fruits before veggies, of course they won't touch the veggies if the have something sweet.

We've been offering lots of variety to her as far as healthy things.

I have to admit I was a little apprehensive before meeting her, not knowing how she would react to me. But when I arrived and sat down she came waddling over and climbed in my lap. Her former owners weren't home a lot to spend time with her and since I stay at home I figured if she was this sweet to me, she would probably be a 100 times sweeter with lots of attention and playtime!