SK: New Here

LITTLEDARLIN713 at aol.com LITTLEDARLIN713 at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 15:18:25 PDT 2009

If you were a child would you want veggies after having junk food all your
life?  You need to keep offering veggies.  Try squirting some olive  oil on
the veggies.
IAMS is cat food not for a skunk.  I'm glad that you're not feeding it  to
her anymore.  It's loaded with things that she doesn't need.  Way  to much
fat for a skunk.
She will  NOT starve herself.  Grapes aren't the best  thing to give her
either.
Start out with just a very few veggies, add more as she gets accustom to
them.  Eggs are great, scrambled or hard boiled.  Sometimes, fresh is  better
tasting but frozen is good quality also.  I know my lot love  okra whole
and not chopped up.  You just have to learn from her but you are  the mama and
in charge.
Just keep trying, keep offering.
I adopted a skunk that didn't eat veggies and took him a week of trying to
finally break down and eat.
He was grossly over weight at 22 pounds but got him down to 11.  He  was a
big boned fella and vet said to get him up to around 14 pounds.  He  looked
good then.  That first week, I was in tears with him.
I wish you much luck and practice tough love.  She will  come around.
Linda

In a message dated 8/28/2009 3:33:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,