SK: Baby skunks

SkunkLady2 at aol.com SkunkLady2 at aol.com
Tue Sep 16 13:22:17 PDT 2008

Skunks breed only once a year and kits are born in May and are available, in
legal states, in larger metropolitan petstores, in June only.  There will be
no more baby skunks until next June.    The price ranges from $125 to $800+
depending on what a given market will bear.

It is STRONGLY recommended that the 'time in service', success and reputation
of any breeder, as well as any licensing and governmental testing be
thoroughly investigated before consideration.

Taking a wild kit is not recommended as, due to genetic damage by Man's
pesticides/herbicides/pollution....the lifespan of a wild skunk is 3-4 years.
Current health problems could initially be undetectable. Properly raised, our
Domestic skunks are living 12-15 years and beyond.  We know of several who have
passed 22 years of age!

You have plenty of time to study and decide if a skunk is truly the right
companion animal for your heart and home for the next 12 to 15 years, if fed
the proper diet, neutered or spayed early, regularly dewormed and given
regular veterinary care.

Our sites are a good place to learn, because skunks DEFINITELY aren't for
everyone!!  Our sites are the most current and up to date with information on
Domestic Skunks.  We work hard to keep them that way for people just like you.

Be sure to check out the Pet Skunk Photograph Album from the LINKS Page....it
has pictures of pet skunks from all over the world.  ENJOY!! And please write
anytime you have further questions!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Shelor Brumbeloe
Skunks As Pets, Inc.
http://www.skunksaspets.com
Check out The Pet Skunk Photograph Album!
bcc/retained