SK: Wild vs Household

Tammy Woodworth tamwood at hotmail.com
Sat May 24 17:56:37 PDT 2008

Wild skunks belong in the wild. Domestic skunks as pets belong in a home as part of the family. They are not happy confined in a cage. I have tried it both ways and the happiest is when they are free to roam. I have skunk proofed all he cupbards save one. He has made that one his home and comes and goes whenever he likes. It's adorable as he has learned to open and close the door as he likes. When he was in a cage he was frantic to get out always. They need to be free to roam and be with the family. Otherwise, why own one!