SK: Skunk With a Bad Back

Tiffany Paulin tiff at tiffcreative.com
Mon Jun 2 10:02:48 PDT 2008

Hi...

We have Pandora - she's 8 years old now and has been pretty healthy
her whole life.  But lately she has been unstable on her hind feet
and her back left leg will not support her.  Sometimes she puts
weight on it and falls over.  We thought it was hopefully a temporary
injury but it seems to be getting worse, not better.  It's very sad.

We are going to the Vet in a couple of days and I have a couple of
questions...  Has anyone else had a similar issue? And if so what can
did you learn?

Second, Pandora is normally pretty good with me, I can do anything
with her.  But she hates the rest of the world and we're worried
about her snapping at the vet.  Also, I believe she's in pain...this
hip/leg issue is making her even a bit crankier than usual.  :-)  We
are thinking of knocking her out at the vet so she's not a hazard and
doesn't bite anyone.  Does anyone else have this issue and what kind
of sedative does your vet use and is their anything I need to know
and pass on?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Any thoughts
Tiffany Paulin