No subject

Wed Jan 23 11:16:55 PST 2008

I don't know what's in metaflumizone but no way would I use this stuff on a
dog. NO WAY.

Not just because of the potential problem for the DOG in an adverse reaction
-- but no way would I want to be exposed to the amitraz just in petting the

I'm sure it's got a horrid scent -- I've handled tons of the stuff- - I
always wore huge thick rubber gloves past my elbows -- open windows. etc. and *I*
always felt sick after I had to dip Muffin.

I've seen it kill. It's nasty nasty stuff. It has it's uses -- but man, can
they react badly to it. So can the humans.

I'm not kidding and I want to make a HUGE point of it -- DON'T HANDLE THIS
STUFF if you are diabetic yourself, or if you are taking MAO Inhibitors (like
Prozac or the like).

I know how hidden these warnings tend to be in the Amitraz/Mitaban literature
-- but man, the first vet that sold me Amitraz all those years ago MADE ME

And btw -- yes, this stuff goes into the bloodstream -- I've seen dogs be
Unbelievably lethargic after getting dipped. I've honestly seen dogs die.  It
zooms right in to the bloodstream."

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.