SK: Specific Legal Clarification Needed Desperately

SkunkLady2 at aol.com SkunkLady2 at aol.com
Tue Feb 12 13:39:26 PST 2008

skunks are a rabies vector species and that is the problem.

WILD skunks are considered to be such.  DOMESTIC/PEN-RAISED skunks should not
be.  There is no carrier state for rabies.  We've had our skunks longer than
8 days.  There are only two ways to contract rabies:  being bitten by a rabid
animal or eating carrion that was rabid.  Since I doubt anyone has rabid-dead
meat laying around......and our skunks are inside companions....they do NOT
have rabies.

This is yet ANOTHER reason that we MUST get a distinct, LEGAL differentiation
between wild skunks and domestic skunks or we will NEVER stand a chance!  Our
skunks are NOT wildlife and have not
been for 200 years!!!