SK: Fw: HB 4632

dominique durbin driller_dominique at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 17:47:56 PST 2008

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "StateRep12 at aol.com" <StateRep12 at aol.com>
To: driller_dominique at yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2008 6:17:27 PM
Subject: Re: HB 4632

Dominique,
Thank you for your email. I have discussed this matter with a few of us 'city girl'  type legislators who have received your request and we are having  a bill drafted.
Before we file the bill however, I would be curious to know the history of why having a skunk as a pet was ever removed? Any historical perspective you can provide would be appreciated.
Best,
Sara Feigenholtz
Please add to this ammendmet a motion to strike the following  underlined sentance in the illinois wildlife code
(520 ILCS 5/3.25) (from Ch. 61, par. 3.25) which currently reads:
No fur‑bearing mammal breeder permits will be issued to hold, possess, or engage in the breeding and raising of striped skunks acquired after July 1, 1975, or coyotes acquired after July 1, 1978, except for coyotes that are held or possessed by a person who holds a hound running area permit under Section 3.26 of this Act.

Please help relegalize domestic skunks as pets.
Thank You,
Dominique Durbin
R.R. 2 Box 59 A
Farina, IL 62838
618 780-1727

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.