SK: Loopholes/workarounds?

David Feimster skunkrace at
Fri May 11 15:06:32 PDT 2007

 A loop hole a found in NH was hooded skunks were OK because they are not
native to NH

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Rachelle Landreth"
  To: skunks at
  Subject: SK: Loopholes/workarounds?
  Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:02:49 -0700 (PDT)

  Hi, I've wanted a pet skunk for about 15 years now,
  after I saw a lady come to my elementary school and
  teach us about different animals. One of those that
  she brought with her was a skunk. Ever since then
  I've been hooked. The problem is that I live in
  Kansas. Years ago I contacted Parks and WIldlife and
  they told me that it was illegal to own any animal in
  Kansas that is native to Kansas. I know there is
  always some way around pet laws. I was wondering if
  anyone had any suggestions on where to start.

  To the best of my knowledge, only black and white
  skunks can be found in the wild here, so could I maybe
  get away with other colors?

  Last year I found something that I thought would work
  by applying for a game breeder license, USDA license,
  and a furharveting license (of course I wouldn't
  actually take their pelts) but the Wildlife department
  never got back to me. Has anyone tried working around
  the law like this?

  Or is there some kind of educator's permit or exhibit
  permit that would legally grant me possession of a

  I think it's pretty stupid that you are allowed to own
  tigers and monkeys but you can't own a skunk.

  Thanks in advance,

  the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're

  Skunks maillist - Skunks at
  To unsubscribe: