SK: Chicken Dinners

trappermac trappermac at
Fri Mar 23 17:30:30 PDT 2007

A skunks diet in the wild changes quite a bit. They love insects and grubs.
Towards winter they love most anything with fat in it. I should know as I
deal with thousands a year.

-----Original Message-----
From: skunks-bounces at [mailto:skunks-bounces at] On Behalf
Of Harshman
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 5:17 PM
To: skunks at
Subject: Re: SK: Chicken Dinners

Our newest addition, Tyler, turns out to be a vegetarian.  He'll eat
insectivore food and omnivore food, but is completely uninterested in fish,
chicken, turkey, eggs, etc.

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:48:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: PBR <sb at>
Subject: SK: Chicken Dinners
To: skunks at

I can't find any veggies that my little guy will eat. He's big on chicken,
meat, and peanuts but won't eat any vegetables that I put out for him.

He turns up his nose at lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes,
or cucumber.

I've even tried smearing peanut butter on the vegetables just to get him
to try them. All he'll do is lick off the peanut butter.

Any ideas what I can do to get him eating his veggies?
Skunks maillist  -  Skunks at
To unsubscribe: