SK: I Have a Question

Pheonix whimpie99 at
Thu Jul 26 18:48:33 PDT 2007

My male gets nippy during mating season but then turns back into a seet adorable and calm male after the season is over.  I got bit from him about 3 times and yes, it does hurt and takes awhile to heal but, I know he didn't mean it.

SkunkLady2 at wrote:
  In a message dated 7/26/2007 4:52:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, toot at

> they start bitting and you don't want to get bit

LOL Where did you hear that tidbit? Sweets don't cause biting.
Excessive sweet consumption is NOT good for skunks, any more than
it is for us, for many reasons, but biting isn't one of them.

However, not wanting to GET bitten is a GREAT TRUTH!!! : )

Get a sneak peek of the all-new
AOL at
Skunks maillist - Skunks at
To unsubscribe: