SK: Overweight skunk

Cathy & Mike skunks at seidata.com
Tue Jul 3 12:35:13 PDT 2007

Yes and no more fried eggs.  An occasional boiled egg might be ok.
Give her a good cat vitamin and foods such as boiled/baked chicken, a good quality,  natural, low protein chicken dog food, and plenty of fresh veggies.  Avoid starchy foods such as corn, peas, potatoes, pasta, etc.  I would only give her fruits once a week.
If you have trouble getting her to eat healthy foods add a little "Touch of Butter" spray.

Overweight skunks like to sleep a lot.  Try to keep her active.   If you have trouble with that, fill your bathtub with water and let her swim for a few minutes every day.
It might be wise to get her blood profile done too.

Cathy Dalgleish
4253 W 1100 N  Dupont, IN  47231
Phone: 812-873-6357
Education & rescue for skunks