SK: legal?

Sherry Bell sherrybell at
Sun Jan 21 13:18:34 PST 2007

There is a woman that sells skunks in Harrah Ok.  She buys them from a woman
out of state so they will be descented.  I said my daughter was a raccoon
breeder and decided to get into raising skunks.  She call the wild life
ranger to her house and got a breeders permit to raise skunks in Oklahoma.
You just can't have them descented here.  That is against the law but you
can raise and breed them here.

-----Original Message-----
From: skunks-bounces at [mailto:skunks-bounces at]On
Behalf Of Jennifer Lowell
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 3:00 PM
To: Friends and fans of skunks.
Subject: Re: SK: legal?

Oh yeah?  Try telling the Wildlife Officer that while they are trapping your
pet and carrying it out like Hannibal Lecter.  Anyone who loves the breed
will not risk this.  I gave up a chance to have a nice home in Tennessee
because of this. And how do you propose someone get their skunk adequate
routine medical care in a state where no vet will touch them?
  There is a whole other breed of person though,  who just want something
different they can 'show off', if that is the case there are plenty of
heartless scumbags on e-Bay that have mounted stuffed skunks for sale.  That
is pretty much the way a pet skunk in an 'illegal' state ends up.  Sorry,
not worth the risk!  Oh another thing - for anyone who wants to risk the
head of this animal, you can be assured that you will tell someone, kids
especially will tell someone, and it WILL get back to the wrong ears.
Everyone has a neighbor that doesn't like them.  There are people who live
to create problems unfortunately.  There also seems to be more of them than

SkunkLady2 at wrote:
  In a message dated 1/21/2007 2:02:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,