SK: Pet Dander Allergies and Skunks

Sherry Bell sherrybell at
Fri Jan 19 11:01:41 PST 2007

Yes, skunks have a lot worse dander then either dogs or cats.

-----Original Message-----
From: skunks-bounces at [mailto:skunks-bounces at]On
Behalf Of niall at
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 12:35 PM
To: Skunks at
Subject: SK: Pet Dander Allergies and Skunks

My little brother has severe allergies to most breeds of dogs and, to a
lesser extent, cats.  Does anyone know if skunks have similar dander to
cats or dogs?  Do they tend to be safer for people with allergies?  I had
a skunk years ago, before my brother was born, and would like to get
another.  But I wont get an animal that forces my brother to stay away.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Skunks maillist  -  Skunks at
To unsubscribe: