SK: Skunk breeder in Oregon

TIMOTHY ECHOLS timleonyx at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 09:03:13 PST 2007

EVERYTHING in the wild is disappearing fast-especially our wild friends AND their habitats!

Jennifer Lowell <jlo2182002 at yahoo.com> wrote:  Right, that is what I've heard, that you DON'T want to try and keep a spotted or hog nose skunk as a pet. It would also be cruel to take them so far out of their natural climate I would think. We are better off with the striped!

Ken Rosser wrote: I did a quick look, but didn't save and URLs, but it
said that spotted skunks weren't protected in most
states, yet they're desert animals, which most states
are not.

When I was trying to get my first skunk, I also tried
for spotted, for the same rationale. I've also read
that spotted skunks aren't as social as striped
skunks. I'd be fascinated by a spotted skunk, but I'd
have to do the same as ferret proofing to keep them
out of any dangerous places.

I love my striped skunks, Moriarty and Gherkin. They
have such different personalities, and they play, and
they fight, and they climb into my bed using the ramp
I built. I wouldn't trade them for another skunk, but,
if opportunity and my budget allowed (considering vet
bills) I'd love to have a third, but two are still an
ideal number. I remember how happy I was to get my
first, Mycroft, who will never be forgotten, always
loved, and so are my current pair.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Skunks maillist - Skunks at rdwarf.com

http://mail.yahoo.com