SK: Skunk breeder in Oregon

TIMOTHY ECHOLS timleonyx at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 09:01:22 PST 2007

Dear Kennyboi:
  Don't take the EASY way out. Everyone has these "Newfangled Designer" Striped skunks.
  And Nope, the spotted skunks(Spilogale putorius) are not as tame nor as LAZY as the striped, but they are alot more energetic & entertaining and if you can get them as kits(before their eyes open) they will be equally as tame...
  Also, EVERYTHING wild is disappearing; Before Long, the only animals in existence will be the ones Lucky enough to be in captivity...
  Think about it.

Ken Rosser <hepzibah666 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I did a quick look, but didn't save and URLs, but it
said that spotted skunks weren't protected in most
states, yet they're desert animals, which most states
are not.

When I was trying to get my first skunk, I also tried
for spotted, for the same rationale. I've also read
that spotted skunks aren't as social as striped
skunks. I'd be fascinated by a spotted skunk, but I'd
have to do the same as ferret proofing to keep them
out of any dangerous places.

I love my striped skunks, Moriarty and Gherkin. They
have such different personalities, and they play, and
they fight, and they climb into my bed using the ramp
I built. I wouldn't trade them for another skunk, but,
if opportunity and my budget allowed (considering vet
bills) I'd love to have a third, but two are still an
ideal number. I remember how happy I was to get my
first, Mycroft, who will never be forgotten, always
loved, and so are my current pair.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Skunks maillist - Skunks at rdwarf.com