SK: legal?

TIMOTHY ECHOLS timleonyx at
Tue Feb 6 10:07:02 PST 2007

UHh! you really TOLD Me!!!  Sure, I'll gladly step aside & let Grandma Skunk Lady run the entire show!! She knows absolutely EVERYTHING about skunks!!!-Including the Lie that eastern spotted skunks(Spilogale putorius) is on the endangered species list!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  I'm sorry, butt I'd rather take my advice from someone more knowledgeable and less elite!

Jennifer Lowell <jlo2182002 at> wrote:
  Umm, what did I miss here???
How is preventing unnecessary death of the animals we hold dearly "stifling help"? I don't know you, but the woman you are talking to with apparent disrespect is a woman who has been learning, living with and loving skunks since probably before you were fingerpainting with your own ca-ca, so why do you feel she deserves to be spoken to this way?
"Ms. Know it all" has actuall been at the helm of many battles for skunks and their well-being and I feel she deserves a bit of reverence (if you have any of that) not childish backtalk. To sum it up, she has forgotten more than you know when it comes to this subject, so why can't you play nice? I thought we were all here for the love of skunks? Why is it the few posts I see from this group are ignorant people who think they can get around the law? Who here is bigger than the law, cause I'd like to know them for my own benefit. Very simply, until laws change, if you love the pet, you will not risk their head!

"If ifs& buts were sugar& nuts we'd ALL have a Merry Christmas"...
Yes, it would be nice if this World was a fair idealistic place. And yes, I agree, we should all fight for the legalization of certain exotic pets such as our Lovable skunks, but in the meantime- we should all try to help each other out of desperate spots, and YOU should not
stifle help when it is offered Ms. Know-it -all. I think you are in for another tongue lashing!!!

SkunkLady2 at wrote:
In a message dated 1/22/2007 3:19:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
timleonyx at writes:

> Just start your own NO KILL SKUNK SHELTER!!!
That would be nice.....but we obey the laws. For now, illegal is illegal.

Working toward getting the laws corrected....and getting
an approved Rabies vaccine for Domestic/Pen-raised skunks is
a MUCH better and MUCH wiser and MUCH safer way to go.

Skunks maillist - Skunks at
To unsubscribe:

Get your own web address.
Skunks maillist - Skunks at