SK: new owner is this normal

SkunkLady2 at SkunkLady2 at
Mon Aug 27 16:46:02 PDT 2007

Skunks are nocturnal by Nature.  Weather changes (and we've got bunches of
them, don't we?) can bring on sleep.  Boredom can bring on sleep.  Habit
engenders more sleep.  Soooooo.......

Wake his little butt UP!!  Close doors to keep him away from his sleeping
places.  Give him toys to entertain him.  Just like breaking a toddler of his
afternoon nap so that he'll sleep at night.....get your skunk active during the
daytime.  Let him learn that daytime is where Mom is.....where fun is and where
occasional treats are!!

What diet is he on?  Is he current on monthly deworming?  Hopefully he has
already been neutered?  Being their first WEATHER season change, he doesn't need
to also battle his first HEAT season along with it!

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at