SK: skunks in washington state

SkunkLady2 at aol.com SkunkLady2 at aol.com
Mon Sep 25 12:07:30 PDT 2006

In a message dated 9/25/2006 12:31:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kmountain12 at hotmail.com writes:

> How can I help in changing the laws?

Educate yourself fully about skunks and what IS true and what is NOT true.
For example, of course all skunks don't have rabies.....rabies is fatal.....if
all skunks have rabies.....ask your authorities where we keep getting baby
skunks every Spring??  Dead skunks don't procreate!!  .....Skunks do NOT 'carry
rabies for generations'.  There is no true carrier state for Rabies....check
with the CDC and hear for yourself.  Skunks (and anything else) can 'carry'
rabies from the time they begin to shed the virus after being bitten....until they
die....which in skunks,
is no more than 8 days, if I'm remembering correctly.

Then go public with your interest....put out flyers with your name and phone
number, contact your local TV, radio and newspapers; get the word out, find
other people interested in fixing antiquated pet laws.  Keep a notebook and pen
by your phone....when you get an interested call, take their name and number
and keep in touch....once you have about 10 names, plan a get- together to
brainstorm ideas...give each of THEM ammunition to go get MORE people
involved.....find a politician willing to work with you.....Votes count!!......find
politicians willing to sponsor a bill to change the law and legalize DOMESTIC SKUNKS
FOR PETS......ALWAY, I stress ALWAYS, specify DOMESTIC SKUNKS.....wildlife
belongs in the wild, NOT in our homes!!!

Shelor Brumbeloe
Skunks As Pets, Inc.
http://www.skunksaspets.com
Check out The Pet Skunk Photograph Album!
bcc/retained
OGod Bless The USA ~ United We StandO