SK: mama skunks & there young

Keli Schoeffel b_energetic at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 08:26:05 PDT 2006

Hello,

     I was wondering if anyone could tell me if mama skunks will eat their young if they are unhealthy or they die.  My skunk had 1 baby, but after a day I couldn't find the baby anywhere.  It's been about 2 weeks, since I saw it.  I know she didn't hide it anywhere either, because she was really protective of the area where she had the baby and now she's  back to her old self, running around and she doesn't ever go back to where she had the baby.

  Curious & Sad
  _Keli