SK: Re: Cutting corners

Megan Tucker megweg79 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 17:09:46 PDT 2006

I honestly think that other than putting something there that they  really don't like or blocking getting to the corner, I'm not sure there  is anything in particular that will stop the skunk from using the  corner.  They are stubborn.  If they have used the corner and  now it smells like a good place to go, it could be helpful to really  soak the area with vinegar to remove the smell and then block it off  for a while.  Maybe if it doesn't smell like a place they use as a  potty, they will not go there anymore.  It's worth a try.   Good luck!

  Megan

skunks at insightbb.com wrote:In  fairness to my skunks, I need to clarify that they are both litter  trained. They use both corner ferret boxes and rectangular cat boxes,  so long as they aren't angry with us or aren't having an "emergency."  When we moved into the house, we put one box in each bathroom, and they  both knew where to go. But at some point, they decided that there was a  particular corner in our bedroom that was just as good, and that's what  I'd like to break them of.
-Wade
Skunks maillist  -  Skunks at rdwarf.com