SK: Fwd: Warning regarding NEW GRAPHIC SITE virus - verified by SNOPES

Janyehen at aol.com Janyehen at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 07:00:21 PDT 2006

In a message dated 6/13/2006 9:47:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, @yahoo.com
writes:

Just  wanted to forewarn you that there is a new worm out that attacks
Yahoo and  yahoogroups.  The email is titled NEW GRAPHIC SITE.

If you  get one of these, please delete without opening.  According  to
Symantec, this is one of those things that can cause issues just  by
opening the email.

Also, it appears that the yahoo and  yahoogroups sites are having
issues, probably because of this virus.   I noticed that we were
receiving VERY delayed emails all day yesterday and  I'm having a lot of
trouble doing anything with my mail in Yahoo  today.  So it will
probably take a few days for yahoo and yahoogroups  to get this thing
taken care of and get back on track.  So be patient  if your emails
don't seem to be coming through as quickly as  normal.

Here are a couple of links if you wish to read more about this  virus:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/newgraphic.asp
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/js.yamanner@m.html

Janye