SK: (no subject)

Jennifer Lowell jlo2182002 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 16:55:10 PDT 2006

GOOD, I hope they don't sell as anything other than pets!!!
  The ironic part is that my grandfather was a furrier!!!  I loved my grampy he was a quiet, kind man, but in those days fur was THE thing!!  Not even a nod to the cruelty and horror of it, I'm sure!  That is how he met my grandmother she came to model coats.  This was in the swinging 30's, Manhattan, streets paved with gold, etc.  My grandmother said the big gangsters of that time would come in with the mistress one day, the wife the next!  All cash of course!   To see someone wear a pelt as a stole in the fashion of that time -with the head, tail and legs hanging off of it!?!?!  REPULSIVE!

Skunks Rule! <skunksrule at comcast.net> wrote:
  Read their home page:
http://www.rubyfurfarm.com/index.html
The father started this business in 1934. The farm and business is now run
by the son since the father passed away.
Back then fur was a commodity, whether we like that or not.
Things change in 70+ years.
Linda