SK: picky eaters

Stacy Sims ivorytofu at
Tue Sep 13 13:46:24 PDT 2005

Are skunks normally picky eaters?  Murray seems to be picky.  There are only
certain veggies and fruits that he likes to eat, I have tried adding new
ones in the the ones I know he will eat but most of the time he just picks
through them.  The vet we see told me he needed to eat sweet potatoes and I
have done the above, then tried just raw ones in his bowl with nothing else,
then tried lightly boiling them.  Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I found some recipes on OOPS and tried
the Sticky Picky Skunk Delight, wouldn't touch it, looked up at me like I
was a crazy person.  Glory makes a veggie casserole in the freezer section
is it ok for me to try that?