SK: Fw: Breed Rescue Groups Help Needed

Mary Kaye Ashley mka at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 00:48:40 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pets & Animals in Distress" <contact at petsandanimals.org>
To: <mka at skunks.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 3:14 PM
Subject: Breed Rescue Groups Help Needed

Re: Breed specific hurricane rescue - Please post far and wide

*Please PLEASE to Cross Post!*

Hi, my name is Ruby Smith, volunteer with the Humane Society of
West Louisiana! We are fielding HUNDREDS of calls from people effected
by Hurricane Katrina because we are the closest Humane Society with a
working telephone! (appx 4 hours west of New Orleans in Rosepine, LA) We
are doing all we can but have one big problem. SPACE! We are taking as
many strays from the area as possible but are having hard time finding
room for the family owned pets that are having to be given up! These are
people who have NO choice but to give up their beloved pets due to this
catastrophe. We are looking for help from Breed Specific Rescues to find
homes for these babies! Currently we have

3yo Husky

7yo Pomeranian

??? Poodle

1yo+ Collie

4yo Cocker Spaniel.

If you know anyone involved in these rescues, or any other
rescue group who are willing to help out please contact the Humane
Society of West Louisiana! It is feasible that we will be getting more
and more calls from owners who are having to make the choice of
surrendering their pets but we just do not have the room for them! Thank
you So much and please, continue to pray for the victims of Katrina,
both human and pets!

Humane Society of West Louisiana
    Ask for Rita
    337-462-3321