SK: Re: Skunks Digest, Vol 12, Issue 8

Caroltrurem at aol.com Caroltrurem at aol.com
Sat Nov 26 14:53:36 PST 2005

I need some information really fast if at all possible. The only vet I know
of in New Mexico was in Santa Fe and about an hour away from where I live in
Albq. She is no longer taking skunks and I can't seem to find any other. Does
someone know of one in my area?

This is why I need a vet. My little Chloe has always had the same amount of
food which is 80% veg. very small amounts of fowl, fruit, nuts and seeds  and
yogurt. Now all of a sudden she has gained a lot of weight. From 7 lb.  to 12
lb. She is 3 1/2 years old. She was never interested in water except to  play
in it and use it as a wading pool. Now she drinks and drinks and eats only  a
small amount of her food. I know in other animals that has diabetes they lose
weight and not gain it. Does anyone have any idea what I can do until I
locate a  vet? Thanks, Carol~