SK: Skunk breeder in MI?

Chelsey Plater OasisAmbience at
Wed Jun 8 20:33:44 PDT 2005

I'm sure this has already been posted, and if so I haven't seen it, so I
apologize for the repeat question.

I've been wanting a skunk for quite a while now, and have recently become
more serious about it since I feel I'm up-to-speed about everything I can be
regarding skunks and their care.  Unfortunately, although Michigan laws do
permit skunks as pets, they have to be bred inside the state.  Of course,
there're breeders in surrounding states, but I've yet to find one located in
Michigan (specifically, near or around Detroit).

Thanks in advance,