SK: RE: looking for a good home for a stinker

Keli Schoeffel b_energetic at
Tue Dec 13 15:42:00 PST 2005

Hi Greg,
     Thanks for your interest in my stinky baby.  I am guessing that you received the same email as I did in regards to California law of owning an exotic pet.  I am currently looking for a new a career, but not as a criminal, so you would need to find out how you can get a permit and what the legalities are of having them in a certain area of Ca.  I know in LA the laws are very strict about having exotic pets- ferrits and some other animals (particularly reptiles) are illegal.  Please let me know if you are still interested.  I will keep him as long as it takes to find him a good home, as I will not risk his life in order to get rid of him quickly.

Greg Louganis <greg at> wrote:
  Dear Keli,
My name is Greg Louganis and I have for the past 4 years have been
researching the care of Skunks. I met my first Skunk at a Large Dog Show in
Palm Springs, Ca. Granted I do live in Calif. Skunks aren't legal, but as a
member of all Acting Unions, Screen Actors Guild, AFTRA, and Actors Equity.
I have worked as Animal Wrangler on Commercials, T.V. and Film. I do Purely
Positive training and compete on a National Level for Dog Agility. My
passion has been to add a Skunk to the mix of our fun and mischievous house
hold. The current Family consists of; 2 Jack Russell Terriers who met there
first Skunk in Palm Springs a Border Collie and 2 Basenjis. I lost my last
Rat just a few months ago. I have researched the permit possibilities to
have a Skunk in Calif. All the Unions will require is a treatment for
commercial or film which will allow the permit. I also do a great deal of
work with The California Wildlife Foundation who gives critical care to
indigenous wildlife in the Malibu area where I live which includes Skunks.
The Vet on Staff Lisa is a supportive friend who would be more the happy to
be my contact Vet. For continued health care for the little one. I'm not
good at e-mail but I do read it maybe once a week, the best way to reach me
is by Phone 310-457-4812 Home or 213-200-8100 Cell. You may have heard my
name as an Olympic Athlete. You may want to visit my Web Page
greg at I will be willing to travel. I hope to hear from you
soon. Greg Louganis