SK: Re: SAU ] Fwd: DO NOT ADOPT WARNING - VERY DANGEROUS TO ALL ANIMALS!

SkunkLady2 at aol.com SkunkLady2 at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 19:20:02 PST 2005

CROSS POST EVERYWHERE

> Current Address for EXTREME DNA - Shon Rahrig DNA (various states) VERY
> DANGEROUS TO ALL ANIMALS!
>
> In case anyone wants to contact media (to try to get a story on this
> person) or humane groups and independent rescuers you know...
>
> This needs to go out to ALL RESCUE RELATED YAHOO GROUPS etc....
>
> RE:  EXTREME DNA  Shon Rahrig
>
> His current address is: 23560 or 23600 Walden Center Dr., Bonita Springs, FL
>
> He has two #'s, 239-947-0518 and 239-495-3716.
>
> Bonita Springs is right next to Fort Myers.
>
> CROSS POST EVERYWHERE...this man is adopting and torturing animals across
> our country...has been convicted, now on the loose and still adopting...last
> known in FLA.
>
> IF any of you have any "media contacts" consider contacting them to expose'
> this horrible man...
>
> Do you have contacts with groups rescuing in disaster areas where this man
> could "help" by adopting....  PLEASE:  take the time to pass this warning...
>
> Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:27 AM
> EXTREME DNA - Shon Rahrig DNA (various states) VERY DANGEROUS TO ALL
> ANIMALS!
>
> Shon Rahrig DNA (various states)
>
> PERMISSION TO CROSS POST!
>
> According to info below, this many moves a lot, and is near Georgia and is
> dangerous to any animal he adopts.
>
> From: Hedy Litke hlitke at optonline.net
> Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:02:28 -0500
> DNA-- Dangerous man for pet adoptions - crosspost
>
> Crosspost to all rescue groups!!!
>

> Diana Fuchs, PCAR Coordinator FL
>
> Please read and forward this information to anyone that is related to
> animals. This person has been caught, and  found guilty  in a few states for animal
> cruelty. He is now located in Florida, and appears to move frequently.
>

> For the link to this article and photograph of this person:
> http://www.lovemyspca.com/AnimalAbuseCase.html
>

> More details and a case profile can be find at:
> http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/352/
>

> Case profile:
> Case Report: Shon adopted a cat from Citizens for Humane Action (C.H.A.)
> on January 26, 1999.

In the early morning hours of February 6, Shon beat the cat, poked out its
eye, broke its jaw legs, and left it bloody and in agony in a laundry basket in
his apartment.  He asked Melissa to come over and get it and take it to
Delaware County Humane Society and tell them she found it along the road. She
instead took it to Columbus Veterinary Emergency Service (CVES) who humanely
euthanized it due to the extensive nature of its injuries.

Shon Rahrig, about 30 years old, of Sandbury Blvd, allegedly adopted 6 or 7
cats and a puppy from various local shelters and allegedly abused them
horribly, broke their limbs, put their eyes out, etc. The alleged abuse became known
when his girlfriend took one of the victims to a vet to be euthanized. In court
he "copped a plea" to avoid the nasty publicity of a jury trial, and
confessed to torturing one black and white cat, Misty, adopted from Citizens for
Humane Action. Under the current statutes the most severe penalty for this man, if
convicted, would be 90 days in jail and/or a fine of $750.

Melissa contacted C.H.A. and advised them what had happened. C.H.A.
transported the body from CVES to Capital Area Humane Society and filed an abuse
report. Shon was subsequently arraigned and charged with one count of animal abuse.
Shon at first plead not guilty, but changed his plea to guilty. On September
29,1999, Judge Pfeiffer sentenced Shon to 90 days in jail (of which 45 were
suspended), 5 years probation, mandatory counseling and he was forbidden from
owning any living thing during the 5 year probation period. He began serving his
sentence on November 1.

More details from the article of this person.
http://www.lovemyspca.com/AnimalAbuseCase.html

 UPDATE:
12/28/2002  PETA's cruelty investigation team reports Shon Rahrig as now
living in Fort Myers, Florida area.

On 7/23/2002: As of this date Rahrig was in the San Diego area, where he has
a real estate license.

On 4/17/2002: This man was reported as living in Southern California and Los
Angeles area has been trying to adopt animals from numerous shelters.

BEWARE OF THIS MAN

SHON RAHRIG

PLEASE, PLEASE, PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO IS INVOLVED
IN ANIMAL RESCUE AND ADOPTION!  WE MUST PROTECT INNOCENT CATS, DOGS, KITTENS
AND PUPPIES FROM THIS MAN AND ANY OTHERS LIKE HIM WHO WOULD CRUELLY HURT THEM!

There is a warning going around about a man trying to adopt from local groups
and who may be trying to arrange private adoptions, who has been convicted of
multiple torture/killing of cats and puppies that he has adopted.  He is now
in the Fort Myers Area in Florida.

Local rescue groups are sharing information about this.  It is part of the
reason screening adoption applicants is so important.  You can read about his
conviction in Ohio at: http:www.petfbi.org/issuerahrig.htm .
and at the end of this article.

SHON RAHRIG was convicted in Ohio of torturing animals he adopted from animal
shelters.  He has been spotted in California and now Florida and has tired to
adopt from several agencies; his parole states that he cannot acquire an
animal for 5 years.  He may try private adoptions by advertisement.  If you
encounter him, please alert the DA and the Probation Department.

Info forwarded from HSUS:  "Previous address was 1617 Sunset Cliffs Blvd.,
San Diego, CA  92107.  Phone number was 619-222-9637, ss# ends in  5504.
It appears that he had another address of 1612 Sunset Cliffs. Blvd., San
Diego, CA, 92107.

He filed Bankruptcy (Chapter 7) in Ohio, on 06/16/89, case # is 8931698.
Court info is Ohio Federal Court - Toledo, 1716 Spielbusch Avenue, Toledo,
Ohio, 43624, phone number is 419-259-6440.  All information in the bankruptcy is
public record.

He also has a real estate license.  License number is 01305620, issued on
04/10/01, expires on 04/09/05.  Address on this is P.O. Box 661, Bellflower, CA,
90707, Los Angeles County.  He also owns Southern Pacific Realty.
Address is - 1612 Sunset Cliffs Blvd., San Diego, CA 92107.  FIPS  Code -
CA073, File Date - 06/06/01, Standard Industry Code - 653118.

And I also have 20 former addresses on him!
petfbi at petfbi.org  (@petfbi.org)

PLEASE, PLEASE, POST THIS PICTURE AND STORY WHERE EVERYONE CAN READ  IT AND
KNOW THIS MAN FOR WHAT HE IS.  SCREEN ALL ADOPTION APPLICANTS CAREFULLY!

BEWARE OF WHO YOU ARE DOING BUSINESS WITH ESPECIALLY IF IT IS A PRIVATE
ADOPTION.

SHON RAHRIG SENTENCED IN EXTREME ANIMAL ABUSE CASE Shon Rahrig's sentencing
was well attended with representatives from CAHS, CHA, PET FBI, POET, COPA and
some individuals along with a Channel 6 camera
crew.

Rahrig has now moved to the Fort Myers Area!
Please beware of this Man!
1612 Sunset Cliffs Blvd
San Diego, CA 92107-3356
(619)222-9637

On 4/29 /2002:  He was reported to have moved to Long Beach, CA area where he
was spotted at an adoption event.

(Beware the information you are about to read is very disturbing)
Background Shon Rahrig, about 30 years old, of Sandbury Blvd, allegedly adopted 6 or 7
cats and a puppy from various local shelters and allegedly abused them horribly,
broke their limbs, put their eyes out, etc. The alleged abuse became known
when his girlfriend took one of the victims to a vet to be euthanized. In court
he "copped a plea" to avoid the nasty publicity of a jury trial, and confessed
to torturing one black and white cat, Misty, adopted from Citizens for Humane
Action. Under the  current statutes the most severe penalty for this man, if
convicted, would be 90 days in jail and/or a fine of $750.

Outcome

 Shon Rahrig's sentencing was well attended with representatives from CAHS,
CHA, PET FBI, POET, COPA and some individuals. Channel 6 camera crew  was
there, the other stations were covering a school bus disaster. Rahrig did his best
to look normal and innocuous, wore a jacket and tie, remained impervious to
the glares of the people in attendance and leafed casually through an agenda. (
He will need to block out all of November.)

After having plead guilty to one count he tried to say "it was a lie" but
Kerri Manion presented the CAHS cruelty investigation team's findings which was
difficult to listen to. The unfortunate cat really suffered. To get to the
point: sentence was 45 days in jail, out of a maximum 90, the last 15 may be
converted to work-release, by which he is free to leave during day but has to go
back to jail to sleep and he has to pay for his incarceration.

He has to reimburse CAHS $100 for the necropsy of the poor victim. No
counseling was mandated but remains at discretion of his probation officer. Probation
is 5 years during which he may not own any living thing and he is subject to
check-up visits by CAHS.

Judge Pfeiffer did his best, we think, to make him understand that he had
committed a wanton act of cruelty against a defenseless animal and that nothing
in his psychological study indicated a mental problem. "I am not crazy" said
Shon. Mary Poliseno, President of CAHS, said she was concerned about what would
happen if he moved outside the Franklin County jurisdiction and the Judge said
he would extend his sentence to all of Central Ohio.

There will probably be some protest demonstration soon to draw more attention
to the case and to the sorry state of our animal protection laws here in
Ohio, the Heart of it all.

 PARTICULARS:
YOU CAN LOOK UP HIS RECORD AT:
WWW.FCMCCLERK.COM
http://www.fcmcclerk.com/.  CLICK PUBLIC ACCESS AND TYPE IN  HIS NAME.

Or see below:

Party Type D.O.B Case Status Case Number
RAHRIG, SHON  DFNDT  03/26/1969  CLOSED  1996 CR B 032985
RAHRIG, SHON  DFNDT  03/26/1969  CLOSED  1996 TR D 128741
RAHRIG, SHON  DFNDT  03/26/1969  CLOSED  1996 TR C 135692
RAHRIG, SHON  DFNDT  03/26/1969  CLOSED  1995 TR D 129422
RAHRIG, SHON  DFNDT  03/26/1969  CLOSED  1999 ER B 070982
RAHRIG, SHON  DFNDT  09/23/1969  CLOSED  1996 TR D 165407
RAHRIG, SHON  DFNDT  03/26/1969 CLOSED  1994 CVF 034973
RAHRIG, SHON  DFNDT  03/26/1969 CLOSED  1996 CVG 013324

FRANKLIN COUNTY OHIO MUNICIPAL COURT
375 S. HIGH STREET ROOM 15c
COLUMBUS OH 43215
THE HON. RICHARD C. PFEIFFER, JR.

CASE #1999 ER B 070982
ARRESTED 2/6/99
HE WAS SENTENCED 5 YRS PROBATION; 90 DAYS JAIL; BANNED FROM EVER OWNING ANY
LIVING THING; MANDATORY COUNSELING.

INSTEAD HE SKIPPED TOWN

[...]

shelters.  He has been spotted in California and now Florida and has tried to
adopt from several agencies; his parole states that he
cannot acquire an animal for 5 years.  He may try to adopt more animals.

[...]

Patricia Breen
www.petstorecruelty.org