SK: RE: VACCINE REACTIONS IN MUSTELIDAE

Royer, Cheryl RoyerC at mgmt.purdue.edu
Tue Feb 25 05:15:56 PST 2003

Hi Dennis
How are your skunks doing now?

-----Original Message-----
From: dennis urbanski [mailto:urbanden at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 12:55 PM
To: SKUNKS at RDWARF.COM
Subject: SK: VACCINE REACTIONS IN MUSTELIDAE

HI CHERYL:
I DONT KNOW WHAT "LOCAL" IS IN YOUR REQUEST FOR
INFORMATION- I FOUND YOUR QUESTION (SITE) BY TRYING TO
GET MORE SPECIFIC INFO ON ANAPHALACTIC SHOCK IN
FERRETS FROM RAB/DIS TEMP VACS. LAST NIGHT I TOOK 2 OF
MY 3YR OLDS IN FOR THEIR ANNUAL VACS AND THIS IS THE
FIRST TIME THEY BOTH HAD A VIOLENT REACTION. I HAD TO
TO LOOSE THEM BOTH. THEY PULLED OUT OF IT WITH OUT ANTIHISTAMINE BUT IT
WAS TOUCH AND GO. I HAVE TEN FERRETS NOW AND AM THINKING SERIOUSLY OF
DISCONTINUING VACCINES. I RESCUE FERRETS; EVEN TERMINALLY ILL ONES THAT
ARE INOPERABLE BUT ACTIVE. IT IS ONE THING TO CARE FOR A DYING ANIMAL
AND HAVE THEM PASS QUIETLY IN YOUR HANDS - BUT IT IS A REAL NIGHTMARE TO
TAKE A HEALTHY ANIMAL IN FOR ROUTINE SHOTS AND ALMOST LOOSE THEM.
I DONT KNOW IF YOU'LL GET THIS E-MAIL- IF YOU WOULD
LIKE TO RESPOND, I'M AT urbanden at YAHOO.COM
PS, I HAD SKUNKS (WILD) AS PETS WHEN I WAS A KID- THEY
WERE WONDERFUL PETS
AS SKUNKS ARE MUSTELIDAE (WEASEL FAMILY) I WOULD GO TO MUSTELIDAE WEB
SITE AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN FIND. GOOD LUCK!

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Skunks maillist  -  Skunks at rdwarf.com