SK: Re: need some advise

SKUNKS10 at aol.com SKUNKS10 at aol.com
Tue May 28 18:38:50 PDT 2002

In a message dated 5/28/02 5:29:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jeffry61 at telocity.com writes:

<< I found out about a relative of mine who took such a wild baby skunk in to
a vet to get it de-scented.  Due to the vet's ignorance of skunks (an
otherwise good vet), the baby died. Beware!
 -Jeff >>

Yes, there are vets that will say things like "I will descent your skunk"
(but does this mean that he/she CAN????) or "I have descented skunks before"
(but does that mean that it was performed once, a few times, 1000
times??????) and what was the success ratio??????   I have heard of vets
killing baby skunks numerous times through inexperience and ignorance of
their needs and even saw two females that were spayed and descented AT THE
SAME TIME!!!!!!!!! and were cut wide open (huge U from stem to stern.  One
almost died the next day.  I had to save it.  They survived but look like
Frankenstein monsters!  :o(

Share